Postfix + ClamAV + SpamAssassin + Amavisd-New
As we all know, ClamAV versions older than 0.95 stopped working yesterday. This was announced some time ago by ClamAV, but caught most people (Myself and Devin) by surprise when mail flow stopped cold on our email servers. ClamAV pushed down an update that broke older versions, forcing sysadmins to either disable Antivirus, or update ClamAV to a more recent version.
We were running a very old version of ClamAV, 0.91.2-1~volatile1, from 2007. An upgrade was long overdue anyway. Here are 2 ways to fix it.
Continue reading ClamAV Update Breaks Mail Delivery
This error happens frequently in Backup Exec 12.5 and Backup Exec 2010. Live Update cannot find any installed products to update. Here is the text of the error message:
LU1805: LiveUpdate was unable to find any products to Update
There are no products on this computer than can be updated by LiveUpdate
Continue reading Unable to run Live Update in Backup Exec 2010
In my previous post I upgraded from Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 to Symantec Backup Exec 2010. I ran into a few problems during the upgrade process, including one that caused the nightly backups to fail. Here is the error in the backup job log:
Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0001201 – For this operation, the Backup Exec Virtual File Filter (VFF) driver must be installed on the media server. The VFF driver is installed when you install any of the following Backup Exec agents or options: Exchange Agent Active Directory Recover Option VMware Virtual Infrastructure Agent Microsoft Virtual Server Agent Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4609
The error I encountered when installing the licenses indicated that the installation was not successful. I chose to ignore this error after the upgrade completed, but it appears to be critical and has to be fixed. Continue reading Upgrading to Symantec Backup Exec 2010 Part 2
I was tweaking the editmessage.aspx page for OWA 2007 in Exchange 2007 and I noticed some leftover code comments from the developers at Microsoft.
Do code comments like this make it past the QA process often?
< !--LocalizedStrings.GetHtmlEncoded(Strings.IDs.SubjectColon)--> < !-- TODO: OWA: 775: make sure this comment (and any others) are removed in retail --> < !-- For some reason, if this input field is not wrapped in a div, when the user types some text it resizes itself by a few pixels. Go figure.-->
Our HR administrator was unable to delete or change events in a public folder calendar using Outlook 2007. To my surprise I was not able to either, all though I could change and delete appointments that I created myself. The Outlook error message revealed why:
You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
Clicking on the properties for the public folder calendar in Outlook revealed that I only had Author rights to the calendar. I needed the Owner privilege to delete other people’s meetings.
Public Folder administration is not hard in Exchange 2007, but you must use the management shell for most tasks. Exchange 2007 SP2 includes a Public Folder management tool/gui, unfortunately it is essentially useless for most administration tasks.
I used the following Exchange management shell command to give myself the “Owner” permission. Note: you need administrative privileges on the exchange server to make this change.
Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -Identity "\public folder name" -AccessRights Owner -User eli
You can assign permissions like Author, Editor, Reviewer, etc.